Whimsy Wednesday ~ Christmas Tags

Hey there lovely crafty pals, you can see I'm still on a Christmas wrapping kick right now. I've been having such fun creating beautiful wrapping with these lovely Whimsy Stamps Digital Papers. I particularly love this fabulous tartan set for wrapping. I just love the way this looks for Christmas parcels. So I've made a tag to dress up a bottle of wine and one for a parcel, which I wrapped in the same paper. 


I've used a double layer of tags, a larger one in the tartan and then layered the white tag on top with the image and sentiment which I merged onto the same page before printing. I added a strip of hessian ribbon behind the white tag for a bit of interest and used hessian twine to attach the tag to the bottle. I added a couple of vintaged jingle bells to the tag for a big of jingle and interest. I've added shine to the poinsettia and to the candle flame with Wink of Stella. I also added some clear Nuvo Crystal drops to the berries and middle of the poinsettia for depth and dimension.


I printed the fab tartan paper full A4 size to create wrapping paper and made the tags to match with the same tartan paper. I really do love this set. There are two fabulous gingham and plaid sets in the December paper release. The paper I used is from the Christmas Gingham 2 set. The lovely sentiments and images are from the Christmas Wish Digital Sentiments Set.


You can pop up the shots above by clicking on them to get a better peek at the details. The wink of stellar shows up better at this angle in the sun. So I held them back a little to get the sheen to show. Such simple designs, but so lovely I think. The sentiments were merged under the images to create these tags and then diecut and embellished. 


Head on over to the Whimsy Stamps Store to check out more of the December New Digital Releases, there are just so many fab digital products and all so perfect for those last minute Christmas creations. Thanks for popping in today and I'll be back again very soon with another crafty adventure. Until then, enjoy the Advent countdown and happy crafting! Big hugs, 


Challenge Entries:
Deep Ocean Challenge: #170 ~ Jingle Bells
613 Avenue Create: #204 ~ Christmas/Winter
Colour Crazy Challenge: #49 ~ Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations: #284 ~ Winter/Christmas
A Gem of A Challenge: #209 ~ Anything Christmas Goes
The Paper Shelter: Anything Goes ~ Christmas Break Challenge

Comments

Chris said…
Your gift wrapping is gorgeous Wends, the tartan paper and hessian are perfect together and the tags are beautiful.
hugs
Chris
x
These are so lovely, love the tartan
Dawn T said…
two gorgeous tags Wendy. They are really awesome
Love your layered tags Wendy, and that plaid paper is stunning
Blessings
Maxine
Cara said…
That a fabulous was to dress up a bottle gift x
Marilyn said…
Gorgeous tags and I think the bottle tags is such a brilliant idea. I must make one sometime... hahahha... maybe next year! I also like the circle of burlap and the tag on top, that's a cool look.
Sheryl said…
Gorgeous tags. They will make your gifts look amazing.
Glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create this Christmas.
Merry Christmas, Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy