Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Challenge ~ Penguin Party

Hey there lovelies, it's time for our next Whimsy Stamps Challenge and would you believe it's the last one for the year?!! This year has whipped by at break neck speed for me! I can't believe Christmas is only 10 days away!! Eeeek! I really am NOT ready!! I have been raced off my feet this week, with my kiddies end of school year activities, which included a graduation ceremony that my wee girlie got a prize in, yay, so proud of her! Half the week included hubby and I helping her prep her farewell speech for her teacher that was leaving the school after 12 years. Quite an honour to be the only student invited to do this in front of the whole school. It went incredibly well, so that was a win and she sang a duet with another student too! So it's just as well I was ready with this cute card for todays Challenge! Hehe. I've had great fun colouring up a rather gorgeous Penguin Party. How cute are they?!!! You can find these cuties here in the Whimsy Stamps Store. I've coloured them with my Copics and kept their coats quite light as I wanted the lovely texture that's in the stamp to show.


This trio are super cute and I thought I'd take it one step further on the cute scale and make it look like they're standing on the edge of an ice rink. So if you look closely, they have shadows in the ice!! I wasn't brave enough to colour their shadows, I didn't want to ruin it, but I might have to give it another go and try that. I ran a few cool tone copics along the page to create the ice 'edge' that they're standing on. I can't take all the credit for this idea, it was actually hubby, who was showing me fun 'shadow' ideas on the computer when I was merging the paper and image. We both had an 'aha' moment and then I just kinda ran with it. I love it! So fun.


I added the sentiment which is from the Christmas Wishes set onto the paper digitally. I then drew over it with a glue pen and sprinkled fine loose glitter on top to give the sentiment an icy appearance. Totally got my 'Elsa' on doing it. Hehe. As always, it's not easy to capture the sparkle, but in reality, it looks fab!


I decided to keep the design completely plain, so that the 'shadows' wouldn't be lost in embellishments, but felt it needed something interesting going on around the edge, so I cut a pretty frame shape, distressed the edges and added it to a card base using the same frame shape. This is a Go Kreate XXL shape called Frilly #9. The fab 'snowy' paper is a gorgeous Whimsy Stamps digital paper created by Crissy Armstrong called Distressed Polka Dots. Those adorable penguins are of course also penned by Crissy Armstrong. She draws the cutest penguins!


Our challenge is 'Anything Goes with a Whimsy Image' as always. So you have free reign to create whatever you're inspired to, as long as you use a Whimsy Stamps image. It's so easy now they have such a huge and utterly gorgeous range of digital images in addition to their extensive range of fabulous rubber and clear stamp images. So I hope you'll be inspired to share your Whimsy Stamps creations with us. I can't wait to see what you do! I'll be back next Wednesday with my next Whimsy Wednesday Inspirational post, but the challenge runs for a whole month, so you have into the New Year to create! Have fun and I'll see you soon. Hugs, 


Challenge Entries:
613 Avenue Create: #204 ~ Christmas/Winter
The Sisterhood of Craft: All About Christmas
Colour Crazy Challenge: #50 ~ Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations: #284 ~ Winter/Christmas
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Party Time!
Crafter's Cafe: #187 ~ Anything Christmas Related
A Gem of A Challenge: #209 ~ Anything Christmas Goes
The Paper Shelter: Anything Goes ~ Christmas Break Challenge
Cupcake Inspirations: #435 ~ Christmas Cupcakes (see pic below)
Sparkles Christmas Challenge: #99 ~ Quickie Christmas/New Year


Update: I made Top 3 at the Colour Crazy Challenge. Thank you so much! What a fab suprise!! xoxo


Second Update: I just saw that I made the Top 3 at Sparkles Monthly Challenge for these lil' cuties. How cool is that?! Thank you so much Sparkles team, so humbled and delighted by this. xoxo


Comments

Chris said…
The penguins are adorable and so beautifully coloured, love the idea of the ice and shadows...very clever! A fun and fabulous card Wends!
Chris
x
Marilyn said…
Fab card Wends! Sweet & fun penguins & a great layout. I like the 'rink shading', at first glance it's done so perfectly that it looks like folded paper. I also like how you placed and glittered the sentiment.
Sarah said…
A super cute card and the icy effect is fabulous!! I love to read your blog posts xx
Wishcraft said…
Fab design Wends, gorgeous card! Hugs, Lisa x
Fikreta said…
love this cute card!
happy holidays! 🎄🎅⛄
hugs , Fiki
Tracy said…
Too cute! I especially like the one shaking his tail feathers. hee hee. Hugs!
Cara said…
This is just adorable and your ice looks amazing x
KraftyKoolKat said…
This is so adorable & cutie Wends. Love your colouring and layout. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT member
xxxxxx
Darlene said…
OMG ... toooooooooo cute! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Christmas’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Indy's Designs said…
So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie
cass said…
Great Christmas Card. oh so cute penguins. Thank you for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Christ and/or Red White and Green" challenge.
Such a wonderfully coloured card! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters and we hope to see more of your beautiful creations in 2018. Have a very Happy and Healthy 2018! Gwendolyn
Natalie said…
super cute! Wonderful project! Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Hugs Natalie
INKognito
Cazro said…
I love this trio, fabulous colouring. Thanks for sharing your artwork with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy