Sweet Stampin' ~ Last Minute Christmas

Hey there pals, I'm swinging in today with an extra post, because I'm starting to accumulate unblogged cards! This one I made with the cutest bear and penguins from Some Odd Girl and I was about to send it off to its new home when I realised I hadn't blogged it yet! So I'm crashing the party and joining Team Susan this week for their 'Last Minute Christmas' challenge at Sweet Stampin'. A brilliant challenge I think, as I'm well and truly the last minute Christmas crafter! 


How cute is this wee trio?! I just love this polar bear, I have coloured him up several times and I love him a little more each time. I still have another card I created with him, I've yet to blog, so will post that soon too. But today, he shares the limelight with these two cuties! I gotta tell ya, I just LOVE the way Kristy draws animals. They're enchanting, I mean completely, totally and utterly enchanting! I cannot get enough of these sweet critters. I need more hours in the day to colour! You can check out the previous make I used this sweet bear on here.


I masked the cute bear after stamping him, added the two penguins and then added the 'North Pole' between the first penguin and the bear. I just thought this was a fun touch. Hubby likes to point out that the bear and penguins would NOT be hanging out together at the North Pole, but we'll chalk that up to creative license! LOL.


The image is so super quick to colour, as it's primarily a few cool tone greys and a couple of icy blues for the bear! Simples! I kept the card design very pared back, so these cuties have centre stage. A little scallop to the black mat, some embossing on the red and a bigger scallop at the bottom (kinda wish I'd done the top now too!) and job done. I added the sentiment straight to the image panel, so as not to detract from the embossing on the red panel.


This adorable 'Winter Friends' stamp set is out of stock now at Some Odd Girl, but Kristy has some super cute 'Critters' as digital images. So check out her store for more details.


This is our final challenge at Sweet Stampin' before Christmas. We've had an awesome year with loads of fun themes and it's been wonderful to see all the gorgeous entries each week. Head over to our challenge blog to see what my incredibly talented teamies got up to with this theme. I'll be back before the year's out with my next Sweet Stampin' DT creation, but for now, from me and my lovely Sweet Stampin' teamies, Merry Christmas and see you for one final challenge this year on the 30th before we roll in the New Year!!! Big hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
613 Avenue Create: #204 ~ Christmas/Winter
The Sisterhood of Craft: All About Christmas
Colour Crazy Challenge: #50 ~ Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations: #284 ~ Winter/Christmas
Crafter's Cafe: #187 ~ Anything Christmas Related
The Paper Shelter: Anything Goes ~ Christmas Break Challenge
Cupcake Inspirations: #435 ~ Christmas Cupcakes (see pic below)
Sparkles Christmas Challenge: #99 ~ Quickie Christmas/New Year


Comments

Pat said…
Fabulous Christmas card Wends, love your cute image. Have a good weekend.

Pat xx
Wendy, the critters on this card are adorable and your coloring is awesome! GREAT card!
Chris said…
Cute little trio, fabulous colouring and lovely clean design...fabulous card!
Chris
x
Sarah said…
Oh my word, this is soooooo sweet!! Perfect masking Wends xx
Dawn T said…
So sweet Wendy. An awesome little scene with the polar bear and penguins
Christine L said…
I'm so loving this one Wends... that little trio look so good together and you've masked them perfectly!

Christine x
Wow this is just adorable
Wendy said…
Awww so so cute! Gorgeous card.
Hugs
Wendy xx
Cara said…
This is just adorable and perfect masking too x
Lucy Patrick said…
Aww, that stamp set is adorable and I love how you've made your scene with masking, absolutely gorgeous Wendy! I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and all the best for 2018. XOX Lucy
Fikreta said…
super sweet card!
Happy Holidays! 🎄🎅⛄
What a fun and fabulous critter card Wends - love it - and yes we can have bears and penguins and the North Pole all on one card!!
May your Christmas be blessed with love
Maxine
KraftyKoolKat said…
Another cute & gorgeous creation from you Wends. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxx
Darlene said…
Great job of masking .. what a cute scene you have created! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Christmas’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Jane Savage said…
This is just so super cute!! Love it!
Thank you for joining us at The Colour Crazy Challenge and have a wonderful Christmas! Jane S (DT) xxx
Indy's Designs said…
So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie
cass said…
Great Christmas Card. Thank you for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Christ and/or Red White and Green" challenge.
Cazro said…
A fabulous card. Thanks for sharing your artwork with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Paddington fan said…
Hi Wends
Happy New Year, hope 2018 is a good one for you and yours!! Love your cute Christmas card and the way you have layered the bear and penguins. Thank you so much for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges and I hope we'll see you again soon, Love Jacky x
Sparkles DT

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy