Sweet Stampin' ~ Bringing In The New

Hey there lovelies! I'm here today, to share my last Sweet Stampin' design team post of 2017 with you. We'll be seeing in the New Year with this challenge, so we'd like to see anything 'New'. It could be new stash, new baby, new year, new job, new home, you name it, as long as it's new (and there's stamping of course!) we'd love to see it. I went with 'New Baby'. I've been saving the sweet card I made to celebrate my nephew Luca's birth to share with you. So this is definitely the right occasion for that. Little darling, he's such a smiley, gorgeous, happy boy! My sister is bringing him back to New Zealand from the States for cuddles with us all in the New Year and I can't wait!!


I created a shaker card for his birth card, as he has an older sister, who I knew would have great joy shaking and wobbling this about. I inked the card base in rainbow strips and then splashed with water to create the starburst effect. The paper was really porous, so it sucked up the water, creating those wee starbursts. 


I laid down all the colour, across the two layers, before separating the central star from the main page. Then I added the lovely sentiment, which comes from a 'Some Odd Girl' clear stamp set called Welcome Baby. I think this is such a lovely set and suits so many baby card styles. It's still available in Kristy's store and I notice she has a special on this set right now, so if you love it, get in!


I felt the card was a little plain when I'd finished creating the shaker element. So I added the wee elephant, which to be fair, SO needed some love, because how cute is he?!! I diecut some letters to add Luca's name to the card et voila, I was done. I LOVE this sweet card, it's everything I hoped it would be and I know it was very well received by my lovely sis and her family. She's said I can share a couple of pics of my gorgeous wee nephew, so scroll to the end, if you'd like to see those.


If you're not off on your holibobs, come and join in our last Sweet Stampin' challenge of 2017 and we'll enter the New Year with a bang! Love and hugs to you all and wishes for a spectacular New Year! I couldn't be happier, because I just picked up my darling mummy from the airport today. She's been living in the US these past 3 years helping look after my baby sister's kiddies and we've missed her SO much! She's an amazing Grandma, but with two new babies due here in New Zealand early in the New Year and older Grandies who miss her terribly, it was time she came home. But I know my beautiful sis will miss her like crazy and so will little Luca and his big sis. I'll be back in the New Year and wish you love, luck and laughter as you go into 2018, Wends xoxo



My beautiful sis with her two precious babies


Proud big sis with her new baby brother


My beautiful mummy with her gorgeous grandson

This little guy just melts me!
He's such a smiley gorgeous boy!!

I hope you enjoyed the pics. Had to have a 'proud Aunty' share. Hugs to you all and Happy New Year! Wends xoxo

Comments

Of course you had to share those wonderful photos - Luca is gorgeous!! Glad to hear your beloved mother is coming back to N.Z. too.
Your card is a delight to behold Wends - well done.
MAy 2018 be filled with many joys
Blessings
Maxine
Fikreta said…
wonderful photos!
your card is so nice!
hugs
Cara said…
I loge your card, the inkyness is fabulous and thank you for sharing those precious photos too x
mixamatoasties said…
What a fabulous card. I love that. And I love your family photos too

Happy New Year my friend . Hope it's a good one for you xxx
Vicky said…
Your card is gorgeous but I have to be honest I can barely remember it now this little boy kinda.....what am I saying kinda.....he definitely stole the limelight he is sucha cutie I just wanna spread him on a cracker & eat him. NO I'm not a mean mummy/granny lol.....I just know yumminess lol.
Congrats on your nephew hun he really is precious & adorable.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Vicky said…
See this little fella even made me forget to wish you Happy New Yearhun, hope its great one for you & your family sweetie.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy