Whimsy Wednesday ~ Lavender Fairy

Hey there my lovely crafty pals. I'm stopping in briefly to share my Whimsy Wednesday Inspiration post with you. I won't stop long, as I'm still struggling to use the PC. But here is a super sweet fairy, I've inked with my Copic Markers from Whimsy Stamps range by Marina Fedotova. She is in fact 'Faye the Fairy'. I find her quite enchanting.


I added Wink of Stella to her wings, but man if I don't have the toughest time trying to capture that sparkle. It really is something you need to see in person to appreciate. So the image below is not in the best light, but I caught the sparkle!!


Here in better light below, the sparkle disappears, but it's there, I promise! I had originally cut the image with a lovely handstitched border die by Whimsy Stamps, but decided I wanted to crop her closer to allow more of the delish paper to show. 


I coloured her in soft lavender colours to work with the absolutely gorgeous digital paper that was designed by Whimsy's Denis Lynn. I just love the colours in this set. I love the way the grasses in the paper are echoed in the image, as she stands on two wee blades of grass. I wanted to cover as little of the paper as possible and kept the design so very simple to allow as much of the beautiful paper to show as I could. I had to clean up a lil' ink smudge I left while colouring with my Tombo mono sand eraser. These things are like magic, best 'little' bit of kit I've bought in a while.


I added the simple detail of some button twine wrapped around the card base and added a sweet little basket of flowers charm. I double bowed the twine for a little extra interest. The final touch was the sentiment, which I used an older Whimsy Stamps clear set for this and an ink that toned with the papers. I think it came out really nicely.


So there is my Whimsy Wednesday post for this week. I'll link the products below for easy reference. I hope you enjoyed seeing this creation and encourage you to head over to the Whimsy Stamps Facebook page for more fabulous inspiration from the rest of the team. I'll be back soon with another crafty adventure. Until then, hugs and happy crafting xoxo










Challenge Entries:
PIP: #1837 ~ Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter: #354 ~ Sentimental
Unicorn Challenge: #36 ~ Add A Charm
Crafting With Friends: #73 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenge: #374 ~ Anything Goes
A Gem of a Challenge: #227 ~ One for the Girls/Ladies
613 Avenue Create: #213 ~ Anything Goes + Twist of CAS
The Crafter's Cafe: Your Choice ~ Autumn or Spring. I choose Spring!
Simons Says Wednesday Challenge: Bling It On (Charm & Sparkly Wings)
As You Like It: Favourite ~ Girl or Boy? I love creating girlie, pretty, creations. Whether CAS or fussy, I just love the girlie colours and finishes, so I say 'Girl'.

Comments

Tracy said…
Adorable Wendy. I really like the paper you used for the background. The little grassy wisps go so well with the fairy.
Tracey T said…
So sorry to hear that you've been so poorly Wends. Love your card (and the ones below). Glad hubby has been taking care of things while you've been ill. Sending love xx
Chris said…
I am enchanted by your sweet fairy Wends, you've coloured her beautifully and the digital paper you have used is the perfect backdrop.
Chris
xx
Fikreta said…
so pretty card.
hugs
Linda Mc Enery said…
Oh Wendy, she's delightful! Fantastic job colouring up this little sweetheart, and I agree about your gorgeous paper. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at The Paper Shelter!
Linda
Dawn T said…
Hope you are feeling better Wendy. This is a totally adorable card.
Wends this is an incredible card - love how you have echoed the colours throughout, and the WoS on the wings is perfect!! I agree, that paper is gorgeous, and you really have made the most of it. The twine and charm fir beautifully, and the sentiment, and it's placement, is so sweet
Blessings
Maxine
Nannieflash said…
Gorgeous card love just right for any lady/girl. Thanks for joining us at PG, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
Sarah said…
This is a fantastic girly card Wends. Your colouring of that sweetie is spot on, as always, and you were quite right to show off that gorgeous paper too. Great to see you at AYLI xx
Lynne said…
A gorgeous girlie card in my favourite colour too. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT x
Tracy Freeman said…
Oh she is so cute, love how you created this, such a great project.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog.
Have a great day :)
anncreatief said…

Beautiful card,thanks for playing along with us at Unicorn Challenge this month! 
Have a nice day
Anneke DT
Sandy said…
Love.... a delightful image and those wings look fabulous. A wonderful creation. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy