Whimsy Wednesday ~ Fun in Fall

Hey there lovely crafty pals. I have a treat to share with you. Have you seen the AMAZING new Whimsy Stamps release yet? There are SO many gorgeous creations over on our Whimsy Stamps Facebook page showcasing all the fantastic new images. But I'd like to share a wee card I made with one of my favourite images from the current release. This lil' cutie is called 'Penguin Fun in Fall' and he has a little bit of my heart! He's such a cutie! He has of course been penned by the wonderfully talented Crissy Armstrong and you can find a whole bunch more of her enchanting images 'here' in the Whimsy Stamps Store.


I've coloured this cutie with my Copic Markers. Did you know they are for sale now in the Whimsy Stamps store?! So handy, you can just add what you need to your order when you're buying your gorgeous images! Whimsy also stocks inks, glues and loads of other really handy craft items, so be sure to check those out 'here'. I coloured up this cutie to be wearing a Gryffindor scarf. This was for my wee boy who is nutty about all things Harry Potter right now. 


I kept the design of the card very simple, I just added a subtle blue sky to hint at a clear crisp Autumn day and roughed up the edges before mounting the image panel on foam for a bit of dimension. I used the most delish digital paper for this creation by Whimsy's own Denise Lynn. It's from the set called Floral Beauty. I just LOVE the fabulous Autumnal browns in this set. I wanted a simple finish for this card, so just added some hand-stitching in a cotton thread of a similar hue.


I used kraft card for my card base and it was slightly too pale in colour to contrast well with the digital paper, so I wanted to darken it just a little to really set up the foundation for this layout. I used a piece of card when I was inking the edges with Distress Ink to keep my surface clear of ink and when I'd finished I had the fab idea of cutting the sentiment out of this 'waste' paper. I love how this came out, with that slight ombré touch to the ink. I simply glued this down straight onto the image panel, half on half off the page, so some actually floats above the base paper, it's quite cool in reality. I so loved this Autumnal Wonderland depicted in this sweet image, so I think the Wonderland die was a really fun fit for this creation. This is of course from the Wonderland Word Die set from Whimsy. Thanks for stopping by today, be sure to check out the full range of Whimsy products and their awesome latest release over in the Whimsy Stamps store. I'll see you again soon for more crafty adventures! Hugs xoxo






Challenge Entries:
Crafty Gals Corner: #174 ~ 3+ Layers
Lemon Shortbread: #76 ~ Anything Goes
Not Just Cards: September ~ Anything Goes
Love To Scrap Challenge: #113 ~ Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: Anything Goes + CAS option
Crafty Creations Challenge: #374 ~ Anything Goes
The Cutie Pie Challenge: #127 ~ Shades of Autumn
Mix It Up Challenge: #17 ~ Anything Goes + Layering

Update: I've just spotted I made Top 3 at Lemon Shortbread! I'm so delighted, thank you ladies, so much!! 


Second Update: I was named in the DT Favourites at Love To Scrap! Thank you so much ladies. A real honour xoxo


Third Update: I just spotted that I made the Top 3 at The Cutie Pie Challenge for their Autumn Challenge. I'm so delighted, thank you SO much! :)


Comments

Sarah said…
Absolutely gorgeous, he should come and join the Cutie Pies for our Autumn Shades challenge xx
Such a cutie and lovely colours
Karen said…
Sweet Wends, this completely melts my heart! Oh how joyful that penguin is... and you've brought him to life so beautifully. The background layers are so perfectly Autumnal. The stitching is gorgeous. Your work forever brings a smile to my heart. Thank you for that, my precious friend! Sending tons of love and sunshine your way. :)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen
Dawn T said…
totally outstanding colouring Wendy and what a gorgeous design. Love how you used the "waste" for the sentiment. It really pops off the page.
What amazing colouring on this wee fellow Wends - so clever, with the impression of dimension and the 'sheen' you have given him with the shading. A very cute card overall.
Blessings
Maxine
Fikreta said…
Very nice card.
hugs
Loose Stitches said…
Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Scrap! Hope to see you again!
~ DT Sherry x
Rae Ann said…
He is super adorable! The stitching is a great detail and the distressing adds great texture.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our 3+ Layers challenge.
Sheryl said…
Breathtaking colouring on this gorgeous image. I love your choice of papers.
So glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx
Wendy said…
Gorgeous,Super cute! Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge :)
Hugs
Wendy x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy