Christmas at Sweet Stampin' ~ Trees

Hey lovely crafty pals, can you believe it's our penultimate post before Christmas?!! This month, we are using 'Trees' as the theme. The closer it gets to Christmas, the more I tend to pull out the toppers and pre-coloured images. I just LOVE these sweet scenes from Lili of the Valley. They make really love Christmas cards and are great for batch makes! 


I'm sharing three cards I created as part of a batch make using these lovely toppers and some pretty Christmas diecut sentiments. The Christmas die is from Whimsy Stamps, the Joy and Peace dies are from Memory Box, or at least I think they are. I can't find where I put them to double check. Hehe. 


This first card, I used a beautiful cardstock from Joanna Sheen to diecut the sentiments. It has the most beautiful shine in the right light. I used a red plaid from an older paper pad from Craftwork Cards called Tartans. I diecut the image edge with a Whimsy Stamps notched corner frame and the card edge with a Doohickey frame. I really like these frames. The larger card edge frame is just wider than a 6x6 card, so gives a really lovely edge and finish to my favourite card size and shape.


This pretty image worked well with another plaid paper I had in my collection. This is from an Echo Park paper pad called This & That designed by Lori Whitlock. I used a lovely gold glitter card to diecut the peace sentiment and this time added a doily behind the image, but used the same image and card frames to give a cohesive look to my batch makes.


This card uses the same plaid paper as the first, but I used a matt finish red card for the sentiment this time. I didn't want to outshine the sweet robins! I felt this needed a little something else, so I used a doily to finish the card off. I used that same Doohickey card frame to diecut the scalloped edge. I've photographed each of these cards on their envelopes.


I hope you'll all come and join us this month with your Christmas creations. I really need to kick it up a notch and get another couple of batches made. So come and share yours, I need some inspiration! Speaking of which, be sure to stop in and visit the rest of my teamies, who are full of inspiration for this months challenge. I'll be back soon with another crafty adventure, see you then. Hugs, Wends xoxo





Comments

Beautiful 'classical' Christmas card Wends - so elegant and such great use of the gorgeous toppers
Blessings
Maxine
Chris said…
Fabulous cards Wends, lovely traditional images, perfect with the plaid backgrounds. Toppers are a great idea when time is short and you've a lot of cards to make.
xxx
Sarah said…
Ooh, I do love a bit of tartan Wends!! These are gorgeous cards, the two pretty doilies put me in the mind of snowflakes and the wintry scenes on the toppers really are wonderful xx
Dawn T said…
What stunners Wendy. I love the beautiful background papers and the toppers are really lovely.
Fikreta said…
very nice cards!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy