Sweet Stampin' ~ Congratulations!

Hey crafty pals, I'm here to share my Sweet Stampin' creation for our latest challenge. It's our birthday month and we turn 10 this year! So we want to see your celebration creations. It's Guy Fawkes this week, so some of the girls are featuring bonfires and fireworks in their creations, but you could do any celebration, Anniversary, Wedding, Big Birthday, New Baby, you get the picture right?! I am sharing a creation I made for our lovely friends when their second boy was born. They're an art loving couple, in fact they own a gallery, so I was keen to do something a little more artistic with this creation.


So I pulled out my alcohol inks and had an interesting journey splashing them about on watercolour paper, yes, I know, that's not how they're best used, but I was playing and seeing what could be done. I used some lovely metallic sprays to finish off the piece, so in reality, there's lots of sparkle and shine on this card.


I wrapped the panel after diecutting with a lovely double stitched die, in a vellum strip that I'd embossed 'Congratulations' onto with copper embossing powder. I'd used a metallic spray with a similar shade so it worked really well. The diecut panel was popped up on foam for dimension before affixing to the plain white card base. I made it a top folding card base, which is always my preferred style for rectangular cards.


I added a sweet sentiment on the inside of the card, perfect to reflect our joy at their happy news. The Congratulations and the sentiment on the inside of the card are both from a sweet Kaisercraft baby sentiment set called Little One Collection. I hope you've enjoyed my take on the 'Celebration' theme and can't wait to see what you're inspired to do. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure. Wishing you a wonderful week. Hugs, Wends xoxo






Challenge Entries:
Crafty Catz: #481 ~ Anything Goes
Not Just Cards: October ~ Anything Goes
The Sisterhood of Crafter's: Clean & Simple
Aud Sentiments: #239 ~ Anything Goes + A Sentiment

Comments

A fabulous make Wends - love the effect of the shimmer sprays over the AI's on watercolour paper - it's always fun to 'play' and see what happens
Blessings
Maxine
Pop's Cards said…
This is so soft and serene, such a pretty creation, hugs Pops x
Darlene said…
What a gorgeous background! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

NickScrapShack said…
Great card! Love the colourful background and great way to add sentiment.
Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at CRAFTY CATZ. Best of luck! Nick
Vickie Y said…
Beautiful background and card! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.
Doreen said…
This is Just gorgeous , Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments.xxx
Fikreta said…
Its beautiful card!
Dawn said…
Brilliant card! So beautifully done!
Crafty Hugs
Dawn xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy