Southern Girls ~ Anything Goes

Hey there crafty friends, I am trying to catch up some woefully overdue posts tonight, so be prepared for the London Bus effect! First up, I'm sharing my creation for the Southern Girls Anything Goes Challenge. Team Lou have been creating a little of what they fancy and I was inspired to use our lovely sponsors older Book Work stamp set that I had in my stash. I've wanted to have a play with these cute bookworms for a while and I must say, the mojo was not with me this day, so I really need to keep playing. But Zac, my wee boy, was pretty happy with his sepia toned bookmark.


I had this great idea of using the sentiments randomly to create the background, but I have to confess it was way better in my head! I'll have to rethink this one, but how cute is that wee book worm?! I used a multi-toned ink stamp to create that gradient of colour on the wee worm, which I think is the best bit of this wee make. I love the tags too, the stamps ink really well, which I've found sometimes tricky when the design is a 'negative' the way this one is, where the colour is inked and the words are created where there is an absence of stamp. Am I making sense?! LOL. Hope you know what I mean. The stamped really nicely and I LOVE the sentiments, I like big books... hehe, that made me smile and my small boy thought it was pretty fun too! 



Do go and check out our fabulous sponsor for this challenge. They have some super cute stamp sets! I'm utterly in love with their wee moles at the moment. Oh so cute! The rest of Team Lou have created some delish designs so be sure to stop by the blog to check them out and come and join us for some fun, it's anything goes!


We are currently after some new Design Team members too, so if you fancy joining this easy going crew from Down Under, throw your hat in the ring! I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, so watch this space! Hugs, Wends xoxo


Comments

Sarah said…
Ooh this is soo cute Wendy! I totally love your little bookworm, and his beautiful colouring. I also love the background - genius idea!!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy