Whimsy Wednesday ~ Touched By Love

Oh my goodness, I can't quite believe it, but I'm actually posting on a Wednesday, that's not happened with my Whimsy posts for quite a while!! This new job really is spoiling the craft-room fun! I have been so excited to share these, I just can't WAIT any longer!! I so loved creating these Christmas cards for my sweet nieces. I wanted to reflect their beautiful mama's in the images, so the Angels have been coloured to look like my beautiful sister and sister-in-law. Two blonde Earth Angels! 


My mummy's dad was Swedish, so there is Scandinavian in our genes and my lil' sis has the beautiful ice blonde hair from this Swedish bloodline. So I coloured her Angel to reflect that. Her wee bubba was strawberry blonde at birth, so I tried to reflect that too in the wee bubba.


My sister-in-law is a warm honey blonde, so I used a different colour combo to reflect that. I'll share some of my Copic combos at the end of the post. Her bub is showing our Scandinavian genes too and very ice blonde now, though would you believe she was quite brunette when she was born?! My baby brother, her daddy, has the Scandinavian blonde hair too, so no surprise there really.


This enchanting image is of course by the super talented Crissy Armstrong and is called Touched By Love. I just love her images, they're all delish, but her 'people' are my favourites. There's just something so sweet and endearing about these images. This particular one is one of my absolute favourites! I've had this beauty in my collection quite a number of years now and I was so happy when it was part of the October Digital Release. It's a timeless beautiful image, oh so perfect for that special 'first christmas' creation. I knew I wanted to use it to celebrate my sweet nieces and just love these creations. They came out exactly as I wanted them to, rare that happens, so I was super happy!


I've used some of my favourite papers from Maja Design to create both these cards. I used a beautiful paper from the Sofiero collection for the pink card and a pretty apricot toned one from the Nyhavn collection for the second card. Not your traditional Christmas look, but perfect for the vision I had for these cards and I just LOVE what they add to these designs. I kept the design very simple so that plenty of the beautiful paper showed and also to allow the image to feature without too much distracting the eye around it.


I've used a few different dies to create these cards. The beautiful Whimsy Stamps snowflakes are no longer available, but a real favourite of mine. I just love the elegant simplicity of this snowflake, it embellishes without taking over the design as some fancier ones are apt to do. The numbers die is also an older Whimsy Stamps die, a classic I'll be using for years to come. The beautiful Christmas Large Word Die is happily still available. I've not found a prettier one anywhere and this is another I know I'll use for years to come!


Finally a sneaky peek at some of my copic combos. You should be able to tell what it's referencing from the colouring in the pic, but of course ask if you have any questions. I thought I'd snapped a pic of the darker hair colour, but couldn't find that one, so I'll have to work it out and add that detail later. 


You can check out the latest release by clicking through on the link above and of course this cutie was part of the October release, so I'll add that link here for you to check out. Wishing you a wonderful week and I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, so come on back soon. Hugs xoxo 



Comments

Chris said…
Such a fabulous pair of cards Wends, so pretty and delicate with that sweet image (coloured perfectly of course!) and those lovely subtle papers, a wonderful design to celebrate your sweet little nieces' first Christmas.
hugs xxx
Fikreta said…
gorgeous cards!
Tracy said…
They are both so lovely. How wonderful of you to personalize them.
Dawn T said…
two stunners Wendy. So special for the families. Love that you personalised them.
Pop's Cards said…
Stunning and so delicate, I love the images and papers, perfect keepsakes, can I ask the shape card, is it a die? hugs Pops x
Wends these are just amazing - love your colouring, and the way you have kept the cards so soft and delicate looking, that the image is what takes the eye immediately.
Blessings
Maxine

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy