Sweet Stampin' ~ Inspired by a Book/Film/Song

Hey crafty pals, I'm here, on time for a change, with our latest challenge at Sweet Stampin' and this week our theme is Inspired by a Book, Film or Song. I created this card for a friends daughter who was turning seven and was a 'How To Train Your Dragon' fan. This is a fun book series that my son has read most of and was later made into Films and a spin off TV series. All of which, my little guy has enjoyed, so it was fun to colour up this awesome image by Krista Smith as 'Astrid' from the series. 


I coloured this image a while back, so it was done with my Promarkers. I diecut the image panel with a fab double stitched die from Lil' Inkers, which I'm shocked and saddened to see no longer exists! I really loved their fabulous dies! Another one bites the dust! It's so important that we support the companies and artists we love and want to see remain in business, not the knock off Nigels! 


I used a fab paper for the background which was from a 12 x 12 paper pad, I'll have to hunt down and update those detes soon. I can't recall the company off the top of my head. I used a simple kraft card base and finished with a rustic wrap of twine. I thought the 'Do I Smell Cake' sentiment would be a fun finish for this card and it went down well with the wee girlie that we were celebrating.


I hope you'll come and join the fun with us at Sweet Stampin' this week, it really will be fun seeing what others are inspired by! Catch you again soon. Hugs and happy crafting, Wends xoxo


Comments

Dawn T said…
An adorable card Wendy. Love the way you coloured the image
A gorgeous card Wends - love the way you have coloured her, and that sentiment is such fun
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Chris said…
This is gorgeous Wends, fabulous colouring and colour choice- adorable image and fun sentiment, great choice of book too!
xx
Fikreta said…
Gorgoeus card!
Faye Wynn-Jones said…
You have rocked this theme with a really fab card. Love the colours and sentiment too x
Pat said…
Fabulous card Wends, great image coloured beautifully.

Pat xx
debby4000 said…
Amazing card love the image.
Luv
Debby

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy