Sweet Stampin' ~ Clean and Simple

Hey crafty folks, I'm back today with my contribution for our latest challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Our theme this time is a super easy 'Clean and Simple' design focus. Think single layer, lots of white space, minimalist design. I often opt for a CAS design when I'm making a more sombre card, a get well card for someone seriously ill, or a sympathy card. I love CAS creations, they're often very arty and cool to me, but I'm not fantastic at paring back my designs quite as much as some. So I've created two sympathy cards that definitely fall into the CAS category. 


The first of my designs I used soft colours of blue and green to create the background wash of colour. Both designs were made using an acrylic block stamping technique for the colour base and then silhouette stamping in black ink over top. The first design uses the lovely stamp set Eloquence from Penny Black for the sentiment. The floral image is from an older set from Unity Stamps called Big Summertime Bouquet


The lovely image on this second card is also from Unity Stamps and I received it as part of a grab bag with an order I did, it is originally from a Kit of the Month called Follow Your Own, but was later released as a single stamp set called Wishing You Joy. The sentiment is from the same Penny Black sentiment set called Eloquence. This set has several really lovely and poignant sentiments perfect for get well cards, sympathy cards and friendship cards. I went for a slightly more zingy green on this second card, but kinda wished I'd stayed with the more muted tones of the first, as they fit the theme better, but I still love how this card came out.


Do stop in to the challenge blog and check out what the rest of my teamies got up to for this challenge. I'm always so inspired by their ideas and know you will be too. Come and join us if you're able, we'd love to see what you're inspired to create. Hugs and happy crafting, Wends xoxo






Comments

Two beautiful cards Wends - I quite like the 'zingy' green on the second, as those bright pops of colour are a welcome relief when opening the more sombre toned cards, that are in the majority, after a bereavement
Blessings
Maxine

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy