Southern Girls ~ Patterned Paper

Hey there my lovely blog buddies. Another week is flying past and today it's time for a new challenge to kick off over on the Southern Girls Challenge blog and it's a goodie! Our theme is patterned paper, how fab is that! Everyone should be able to join in this one.


We have two great sponsors this week, Lacy Sunshine and Ppinky Dolls. Lacy Sunshine stamps are so enchanting, and I really enjoyed working with this sweet stamp called Jocelyn ~ Autumn Stroll from Lacy Sunshine's Melancholy Moppet release. 


I had Autumn colours in my head when I picked up this stamp to colour it with my Promarkers. It's fitting as Autumn is kicking off here in New Zealand with chilly mornings and nights and Autumn showers. So it feels appropriate to be colouring up this beauty in these Autumnal tones.


I have had a paper pad in my drawer for a couple of years now, that I've struggled to know what to pair with. But when I'd finished colouring the image, it was the first paper pad I thought to look at and I think fits the theme really well. It's from BoBunny and is called Weekend Market Collection. I think the dark hues in the Weekend Market Collection are a great fit for this stamp. I wanted to go for a grungy distressed edges feel, so pulled out my Tea Dye Distress Ink and inked up the edges of all the papers then distressed them with my scissors. I also edged the 'hello' die and the postcard stamped panel. Finally, I ran the Tea Dye along the edge of the cream lace I used to give the sentiment panel some interest.


I really loved the compass on the paper, sadly the fabulous earth image on the same page ended up covered up, but I was glad the compass had a little corner to show through. I've used two of the lovely Weekend Market papers from the 6x6 paper pad and some textured brown card from a DCWV cardstock stack called The Colourful Life. The postcard is a Graphic 45 stamp from the Cityscapes set. I stamped it over a digital paper from Raspberry road from their Apple Cinnamon set, then inked and distressed the edges.


I used several different shades of Wink of Stella on the image to highlight different areas. Sadly it doesn't show in the main pics, so here are some close ups that give you a peak at the shimmer on the sunflower heads, her sparkly gold earring, the sparkly berry broach and the plum coloured sparkle on the fruits on her hat.

Thanks for stopping in today. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure. But in the meantime, do stop into the Southern Girls Challenge and check out the fabulous creations my talented teamies have made. Why not come and join us with your own 'Patterned Paper' creation. I'd love to see what you're inspired to do. Enjoy the rest of your week. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Dream Valley: #129 ~ Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl: April ~ Card Challenge
Lacy Sunshine Challenge: Anything Goes
Creative Corner Challenges: Flower Power
Crafting With Friends: #18 ~ Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations: April ~ One For The Girls
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #31 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge: April ~ Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations Challenge: #249 ~ Your Favourite Things (Distress Ink, The Colour Green, Distressed edges, Lacy Sunshine Images, My Promarkers)

Update: A gorgeous surprise on the Lacy Sunshine blog to see I'd been given the Top Pick by Heather for this card. I'm so delighted and feel deeply honoured. Thank you Heather. Winning an awesome prize of 3 gorgeous Lacy Sunshine digi stamps.

Comments

Sarah said…
Oh...my...word!! This is wonderful Wendy. Your image is coloured perfectly and the papers suit her so well. Not sure why but The Time Machine springs to mind, it's the vintage feel I think!! I should join in, patterned papers are my weakness, so I have plenty to choose from!! xx
Oh Wends this is fabulous - love the beautifully coloured image, and the way you have mounted her is stunning, right down to the sponging on the lace!.
Blessings
Maxine
Elise said…
Wowww Wendy! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I so love how you've coloured her .. the bold vintagey colors .. it's STUNNING!!!

oh my goodness, this is simply DARLING!!!

Big hugs,
Elise
aussie aNNie said…
Brilliantly designed card Wendy, awesome and a real wow factor, plus the colour combo's chosen are fabulous.xx  {aNNie}
Wow what a striking image and wonderful colours. I have that paper pad and have nearly used it all, love it
Fikreta said…
wonderful card!
great coloring!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
She is just divine! love the whole steampunk feel
Karen said…
Wends, this is absolutely gorgeous! What a darling image and I am in love with the color palette you chose for her! The tones are gorgeous and you've colored her beautifully. Your paper choices are perfect.. it's safe to say they have been sitting around for so long because they were waiting for this sweetheart! :o) I love the inked lace and distressed edges. Your work is always beautiful. I hope you're having a blessed week, my sweet friend. You are treasured by many. :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen
Dora said…
Beautiful card and great colouring on the beautiful image!
Dora said…
forgot to mention: Thank you for joining at Stamping Senstions this month.
Lovely card! Love the layout, Thanks for sharing it with us over at Lacy Sunshine and good luck
Julie x
coldwaters2 said…
WOW Wendy this is stunning, WOW, the image is beautiful so are the papers and layers it looks awesome
hugs
Lorraine x
Eret said…
Amazing! So many fantastic layers and texture. Your coloring is super! Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x
Wow! Stunning card, and absolutely perfect colouring.
xxx
Pat said…
What a fabulous card Wends, the image is gorgeous as is your colouring, I love the colours on her dress, great design.

Pat xx
Sue said…
Hi Wendy, This is a wonderful card. The image is great and I love your colouring. Your card design is really stylish too - you have some super favourites! Thank you for joining us this time at Creative Inspirations.
Sue...xxx
creationsnz said…
Super Wonderful Fabulous card!! CarolG
Debs said…
What a stunner Wendy!!! Love the fabulous image - coloured so beautifully and gorgeous DP's and LO.
Love it!!
Hope you are well.
Debs xx
Scrappydo said…
Love the autumnal colours in this card - she's quite sassy isn't she?! Love it. Kelly
Very Sweet card.
Thanks for joining us at CWF

hugs
Claudia
DT Crafting With Friends
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/
Sue said…
Oh Wends this is fabulous! thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue xx
Pop's Cards said…
Morning sweetie, this is really pretty I am loving the colours you used she looks stunning, I have not forgot Lee is training until late each day his last day today so will get him to pop in the post on Monday, hugs Pops x
Tracy said…
Well isn't she sassy in her fancy clothes. Fantastic coloring Wendy and your pick on the papers is spot on. Hugs!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy