The Sugar Bowl ~ April Challenge

Squeeeee!!! I've been holding onto this special piece of news for so long now I thought I was going to pop! Those of you who have followed my blog for a while, will know I have my own lil' love affair going on with Sugar Nellie stamps. They are my all time favourite stamps and I've just joined the challenge blog design team!! Oh my goodness, you've no idea how hard it was to hang onto that news! 


You might notice if you click through the link above, that the Sugar Bowl Challenge Blog has merged with the Sugar Nellie Inspiration Blog. We're putting all things Sugar Nellie and gorgeous together on the same blog. So now you can find your Inspiration and the Challenge Blog in the same place. There will be a 'click through' button that will take you straight to the Challenge, so it will be easy to find.


I'm so so excited and delighted to be working with my favourite Sugar Nellie images and of course what could be better than to start on the team by using one of my all time favourite images drawn by Krista Smith for the Simply Sassy line at Funky Kits. This image is called City Girl. I'm a little heart broken to hear that Krista is closing her Saturated Canary digital store soon, but you know there are a bunch of her gorgeous images over at Funky Kits as part of an earlier collection she designed for the Sugar Nellie brand called Simply Sassy. If you've not seen them before, go check them out! Some of my fav's ever from Krista right there. For a wee blast from the past gorgeousness, check out Krista's introduction to the Sugar Nellie family back in 2010 here on the Sugar Nellie blog.


I've coloured the image with my Promarkers, adding just a hint of pink to her tights and going for camel coloured boots, for something a little sassy and different. I've added some sparkle to the petticoat layers with a sprinkle of fairy glamour dust and also to the number 29. When I stamped the sentiment it went a little darker than I'd hoped, so I figured a little sparkle might tone that down. The fabby 'seriously' diecut is from Lil' Inkers. I recently purchased it and was looking for an excuse to have a play. My pal since we were 13 was just about to have a birthday, so I thought how cheeky and cute it might be to put the seriously die and the '29 Again' stamp together. With that fabulous image, (which incidentally is not far off what my pal looks like!) I thought it was a winning combination.


I used a gorgeous digital paper from Nitwit Collections Dress Shoppe set, to line the inside of the card. When I had all the elements laid out, I thought the pink paper was a little bare, so I loosely masked a strip down the centre of the top and bottom and stamped with versamark ink to create a watermark effect for a bit of interest. The stamps I used sadly didn't leave a crisp image, but as it was a watermark effect, it fades into the background pretty well. When the card is propped up, you can see the 'floating effect' of this card. I rounded the corners of the top and bottom panel, to accentuate this. I think it's a fun effect.


So there you have it, my first design as one of the Sugar Bowl design team. I've been dancing a wee jig since I got the news, so man it feels good to share it! Now all that remains is to send you over to the Sugar Nellie blog where you'll find the challenges from now on. Check out the gorgeous creations by my talented teamies. (I'm in awe of them all!) Come and join us with your own Sugar Nellie creations. We'd love to see what you do with these gorgeous images. There's some fabby new ones over in the Funky Kits store. So stop by and have a wee browse. 

Huge hugs to you all from one very happy Crafty Kiwi Mama, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Creative Corner Challenges: Words
Crafty Gals Corner: #69 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting With Friends: #19 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Creative Moments Challenge: #92 ~ Anything Goes
Come and Get It Challenge: #115 ~ Glitter & Bling (Glittered Underskirt)
Passion For Promarkers: #343 ~ Make It Digital (Simply Sassy Digital Stamp)

Comments

Katrina Bufton said…
Fabulous card, I love the unusual shape and the sentiment is hilarious.
Hugs,
Katrina x
Congrats, the image is fab, love the sentiment and great shaped card
Chris said…
Brilliant news Wends! I'm so pleased for you and you will def be a great asset to your new DT! Fabulous start with this gorgeous card, lovely image and colouring and a great design!
Chris
x
Sarah said…
Well done you!! Such a brilliant debut card your (very glamorous) friend is going to love it!! xx
Lin said…
Congratulations, Wendy! Your card design is really fun - thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!
Jane said…
Yay!!!! Congratulations! And fab card too...love my Simply Sassy stamps must get them out and have a play!
Wishcraft said…
Fab design and image, a gorgeous card... Huge congrats on your DT news too :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Inky Angel said…
Love this Sassy girl Wendy. You have colored her beautifully and the unusual design is definitely an eye catcher.
Hugs, Katie
What fabulous news Wendy - and an amazing card - love it!! The shape, the colours and the wonderful die cut!
Blessings
Maxine
Karen said…
Oh Wends!!! My heart is happy dancing at this wonderful news! I know how badly you wanted to join.. your entry was filled with such love that I knew you would be irresistible. :o) Congratulations, my friend! Your first contribution to the DT is stunning. I love the image, which is a beautiful choice for your friend's birthday. (Her skirt is especially fabulous!) The NitWit paper is so pretty and your watermark effect is an inspired design choice. Absolutely beautiful creation, Wends! I am thrilled for you and look forward to seeing all of your future work alongside your new teamies! :o) Have a sparkly night!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen
Dawn T said…
so pretty Wendy. Great colouring and love the way you used the die.
Lisa Mensing said…
Very pretty, neat design. Thank you for playing along at Crafty Gals Corner Anything Goes Challenge. Lisa DT
* Shell B.* said…
OMG what a super adorable image you've use for your card, loving how you colored her and added just the right amount of sparkle!
Your pal is going to love the .....seriously 29 again fab card, you rock it Wendy!
So happy for you about getting on your dream design team........congratulations!
Pat said…
Beautiful card Wends, love the image and the great design. Many congratulations on your new Design Team post, enjoy it.

Pat xx
creationsnz said…
Super card, with just the right glitz and glamour. So glad you joined us at Come And Get It challenges, CarolG & DT
aussie aNNie said…
GO Wendy, congrats and well deserved and what an awesome card...I love the SN images and have heaps, may need to enter some challenges I think. ....if time permits..  {aNNie}
mixamatoasties said…
Welcome to the team. Fab card to kick off. I love that floating effect and you've got me thinking as to what I could use that for!!

Susan xx
Congratulations Wends, it's a lovely card with a great design.


Hugs
Maarit
Cards By MI said…
Great image, fabby sentiment. Thanks for joining my digital challenge over at Passion for Promarkers this week.
Love n hugs
Marie
The Crafty Den said…
Gorgeous card Wendy. I love the fab image and your colouring is perfect. Great shape card too. Thanks for joining us at PFP for Marie's 'make it digital' challenge. Good luck and hugs, Denise x
coops said…
So stunning Wendy.Gorgeous sassy image and I love your fabulous card fold and colouring.Massive congratulations too on your dream DT :D
Thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx
Unknown said…
Sassy and clever. :) Thank you for joining our challenge! //Cat (Creative Corner Admin)
coldwaters2 said…
Beautiful debut card Wendy that is one gorgeous image I really love the colours and the floating card effect, must try this out
hugs
Lorraine x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy