Sweet Stampin' ~ Pink & Girly

Hey there my sweet blog buddies. It's been a whirlwind week here in our house. School holidays and kiddo fun filling the hours. It's also been my little sister's birthday, so I've been busy creating birthday gorgeousness for her, which included of course a handmade card.


Her birthday was perfectly timed to coincide with our newest challenge at Sweet Stampin', especially as our theme this week is 'Pink & Girly'. It starts today and how fab is that theme? All the Sweet Stampin' DT have been busy getting inky in pink! Head to the blog to check out the fun, even our Susan joined in! (To say she's not a pink fan is somewhat of an understatement!)


We are spoilt to have the wonderful Wild Orchid Crafts as our sponsors for this challenge, so our winner is in for a fabulous treat! I've loved Wild Orchid Craft products since I first started blogging and discovered them. I've used a beautiful bloom from Wild Orchid Crafts on this card. It's a Large Wild Rose from a mixed colour pack. I inked the edges of the petal with a touch of clear Wink of Stella, just to give the petals a bit of sparkle.


My baby sis was born in France during the time my parents were diplomats over there. So the Parisian themed papers and Eiffel Tower diecut were perfect for her birthday make. I have been really enjoying getting the Magnolia Doohickey Club Magazines and the gorgeous dies that come with them. These two dies the Eiffel Tower and pretty flourish were from the 3rd volume in the set, which had a lovely romantic theme to it. 


I went a little ink crazy with my Worn Lipstick and Ground Espresso Distress Inks on the image. I instantly regretted going quite so heavy handed, but it was done and I had no time to start again. So, I added more, until it sort of looked like I 'meant' to do that! There's a very dark splodge of Ground Espresso under the embellies on the left hand side. I'm glad that was hidden relatively well. I do have these grand ideas that I have these fab skills and can do this shabby chic thing I love so much, but my reality is a little shy of the mark sadly. But I had fun! Oh yes, I had fun!! :) The shot above shows the little Wink of Stella highlights quite nicely on her dress, headband, bag and the edges of the petals. I've taken two of the shots outdoors and two indoors, which is why the lighting is slightly different. 


I just love this gorgeous Saturated Canary image. Violet Vintage is a beauty and I love this stamp so much, I have it in both digital and rubber, for the advantages they both bring. This make was inked using my rubber stamp and (pssst, I have a spare one! So watch this space, she'll be coming to a home near you, very soon!) I felt so blue when I heard Krista was closing her digital store, I decided to collect a few of my favourites to share in a special candy very soon. Violet Vintage here is one I will be giving away, so keep an eye out for that. I coloured her of course with my Promarkers. Still my 'go to' colouring medium and I was so pleased to find the perfect pink (cocktail pink) in my Promarkers to work with the salmon pink in the designer paper and accent paper.

It's time for me to entertain the troops, we're off ice skating today. So I'll leave you here with a reminder to head on over to the Sweet Stampin' Challenge to check out what my amazing teamies got up to for their 'Pink & Girly' creations. It's actually our lovely Sweet Stampin' DT sister Janine's birthday today, so let me take this opportunity to wish her a truly gorgeous day.

Do come and join us with your own 'Pink & Girly' creations. I look forward to seeing what you do! Have a fabulous weekend. Big hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Creative Moments: #91 ~ Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: #172 ~ Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl Challenge: April ~ Any Image
Stamping Sensations: April ~ One For The Girls
Crafting From The Heart: #108 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Make It Girlie
Little Patch of Crafty Friends: #32 ~ Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations: #249 ~ Your Favourite Things
Crafting With Friends Challenge: #19 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges: #313 ~ Real or Faux Stitching (Faux on oval diecut)

Comments

Stunning card, love the colours and those flourish dies are oerfect behind that beautiful rose.
riliska said…
oh, it is cute very nuch!! I like this image and the way you coloursed it!!
Love your card Wends, even if it is not what you envisaged to start with... that happens to me too :-) This is one fabulous image, and you have coloured her beautifully, and that rose is to die for!
Blessings
Maxine
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Wendy this is absolutely gorgeous I love, love the image and how you have coloured her, the papers, embellishments and that flower look truly wonderful
hugs
Lorraine x
Chris said…
Gorgeously girly and very pink! A fabulous make Wends! Sweetest of images, beautifully coloured, lovely DP and perfectly chosen die cuts, all finished with the beautiful rose. Your sister will be delighted, hope she has a great day.
Chris
x
Sarah said…
What a lucky Sister you have to receive this beautiful card. Bet she loved it. Super stamp and I love the French elements xx
Wishcraft said…
Love Violet, it's been too long since I've used her... love all your pretty details, a lovely card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Donna Mosley said…
This is so beautiful Wendy, gorgeous colouring and all the details are so pretty too.

Donna x
Chrissy said…
Gorgeous card Wendy..love the dies and flowers and fabulous image and colouring..

Luv CHRISSYxx
Very sweet card. Thanks for joining us at CWF

Hugs
Claudia
DT Crafting With Friends
brenda said…
A super image for a lovely feminine creation Wendy, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.

B x
Dawn T said…
Beautiful Wendy. The heavy inking does look like you did it on purpose! And it does look very shabby chic.
debby4000 said…
Love your fabulous card, love that image.
luv
Debby
Gina's Cards said…
This is such a beautiful card, love the feather. Thank you for joining us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/
Karen said…
Wends, this is truly enchanting... whisking me away to the sweet elegance of Paris. :o) I love this Saturated Canary image, too, which you've colored up so beautifully. The WOC blossom is stunning (and sparkly!) and I love the pretty detailing you added throughout your card. And oh my am I ever envious of your Magnolia subscription! I have wanted to be a part of that since they began, but unfortunately cannot. And now with the vintage boxes... it's endless wishing for me! Hehe! I'm grateful you receive so many crafty goodies because you create masterpieces with them. I love your work, my friend!

Also, thank you for the sweet words you left on my older Paris card! That was such a surprise! I'm glad you liked it, my sweet friend. That is one of my favorites. Paris Love indeed. <3

Hugs and blessings,
Karen
Barbara Bruder said…
What an adorable card. Great choice of colors.Such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}
Lynne K said…
A totally gorgeous girly card, perfect for our theme! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne
mixamatoasties said…
Love Violet! And despite the colour I think this is a lovely card. Love all your wee details and I'm sure your sister loved it.

Susan xx
jenn shurkus said…
gorgeous coloring :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!
Tracy said…
Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Wends I feel so privileged to be able to pop back and view your beautiful work for a second time, this really is a beauty, thank you for joining our challenge at LPOCF
hugs
lorraine x
cats whiskers said…
I Wends such a stunning card, love how you have used the embellies, especially that Eiffel Tower, it sall just perfect. Thanks for yuour lovely comments they always cheer me up
big Hugs Jacqui xxxxx
CraftingMum said…
Lovely card thanks for joining us at Crafting with Friends Louise DT x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy