Fab 'n' Funky ~ Big Birthdays!

Hey there my lovely blog buddies. It's time again for a new challenge over on the Fab 'n' Funky blog. We have an awesome challenge theme this week and a rather gorgeous reason to celebrate! It's just been our Susan's birthday and it was a 'big birthday'! So in celebration of that and as Susan is our lovely hostess this week, she has chosen the theme 'Big Birthdays'. So I wonder how many of you out there have big birthdays to celebrate. It's actually just been the 90th birthday of one of my neighbours back in the UK. She was like a surrogate grandma to my kiddies when we lived in London and we miss her greatly. So I had to come up with something fun and fabulous to celebrate that and Susan's fabulous theme was just the ticket!


We have a wonderful sponsor this challenge that allowed the team to work with their choice of image, so I have chosen Love Girl Cupcake from our fabulous sponsors Bugaboo Stamps. I love their cute and girlie images and they have some hilarious tongue in cheek sentiment and stamp sets too. So if you've not discovered them before, go take a look around the store. 



I photographed this card at the end of the day, so I was chasing the sun around the garden to get a good shot, but I think you get the overall effect even if I didn't quite get the light right. I used a Marianne Design die set called Party Numbers to cut the '90'. I then coloured the white cardstock with my Fuchsia Pink Promarker and added some white glitter on top for a bit of bling. It's very pink and very girlie and I hope our Doll, will enjoy this wee creation. 

 

I coloured the image with my Promarkers, found some matching cardstock to mat the image, diecut a pretty border from a Magnolia Doohickey to add a little interest along the bottom of the card, added a bit of festive bunting across the top right corner and stamped a sentiment to show how fabulous we think our lovely former neighbour is. I used a new frame die to diecut the image, which was from my lovely birthday stash. I added a bit of glitter here and there, to her shoes, the cupcake and the frill on her apron et voila, fini! Very CAS!!

Card Recipe:
Colouring Medium: Promarkers
Stamp: Bugaboo ~ Love Girl Cupcake
Numerals: Marianne Design ~ Party Numbers
Border Die: Magnolia Doohickey ~ Heart Flower Lace
Frame Die: Lil' Inkers ~ Silly Stitched Die Set
Bunting: La La Land ~ Heart Banner Die
Pearls: MeiFlower ~ Lilac 3mm

I hope you'll join me in wishing Susan a really happy 'Big Birthday'. Do pop on over to the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge blog to see what Susan and the rest of the Funky crew have been up to for this challenge. Feel free to click through via the links on each DT creation to leave them some love and of course to wish Susan the happiest of 'Big Birthdays!'


I'll be back again really soon with another fun crafty adventure. Did you see Krista is shutting up shop?! No more Saturated Canary digi's after August. I've been crying in my coffee, but with that in mind have ordered some of her gorgeous rubber stamps to give away in my next blog candy, so watch this space! Hugs to you all, Wends x

P.S. Did you notice my gorgeous new watermark? A huge thank you to my lovely DT sister and blog buddy Janine, who made this for me! Thank you so much hun, I just love it!!

Challenge Entries:
Dream Valley: #128 ~ Girlie
Creative Moments: #90 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart: Anything Goes
Little Patch of Crafty Friends: #31 ~ Anything Goes
In The Pink Challenge: Dies and/or Punches (4 different die sets used)
Creative Inspirations: #248 ~ Anything Goes (Sorry I didn't use the sketch, it's fab though!)
Crafting By Design: You Are Beautiful (I hope I'm given a young gorgeous girl image when I'm 90!)
As You Like It Challenge: Bingo Board ~ Pearls, CAS, Pink. I love pearls to finish off a quick make, quick means CAS for me style wise, I can spend hours just thinking about how to put together a fussy and fancy card! LOL. Pink, because I do love a little pink now and then. :)

Comments

What a wonderful and fun card Wendy - very feminine :-) great new watermark, and I know what you mean about chasing the sun.... if it gets too bad here I use a halgen lamp and then edit it to the correct colour in my Photoscape editing program!
Blessings
Maxine
Dawn T said…
Gorgeous card Wendy. Sad news about Saturated Canary. I'll be getting some more digis for sure.
Fikreta said…
ver nice!
pretty colors!
have a nice day!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
Pamellia said…
What a fabulous card Wendy! I love the image, and the big glittery 90....how wonderfully fun! The banner is a great addition and the fancy border at the bottom is so pretty! Wonderful for 90! hugs :)
Judith said…
What a fab card for a 90th birthday Wends - much more fun than the usual sensible 90th cards - hope you send one like that to me when I'm 90!!! - sorry to hear Saturated Canary digis are ending - I have so many of them (and most not used!). I think Krista made her fortune on the digis people bought and never used lol xx
A gorgeous 90th Birthday card. Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene DT

I have some candy on my blog, would love if you would join in.
Pat said…
Super card Wends, that's a great image you chose to work with, love the pastel colours and design.

Pat xx
Chris said…
Wow Wends! 90 IS a BIG birthday and should definitely be celebrated in style! I'm sure your Doll will be delighted with this gorgeous girly card! Fun image, lovely feminine colours and fab CAS design. (Love that stitched edge die cut)!
So pleased you liked your card...and that it didn't get lost in the post!
Chris
x
Wendy said…
Fabulous 90th birthday card Wends, great image and love the sparkle and pretty border...love your new watermark too!
hugs
Wendy xx
Furrbster said…
I am sure your former neighbour will love this classy card! Especially with all that glitter too.
Thank you for joining in the challenge over at Creative Moments.
Hugz Tinz DT
Chrissy said…
Fabulous 90th Birthday card Wendy..love the pretty edging, fab image and colouring and love the glittery 90..

Luv CHRISSYxx
mixamatoasties said…
Fabulous card Wends! I've never noticed that image before but I really like it and I love the look of those numbers. I think I may have to investigate further....

Susan xx
Gayatri said…
Wonderful 90th birthday card. Love everything on the card especially the glitter. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge
Gayatri xx
Karen said…
Wends, this is the loveliest way to celebrate such a special person and their ultra special day! The stamp is darling and I love the sweet banner and pretty border. The age personalization is such a nice touch and I *really* adore your sentiment choice. This will warm her beautiful heart with every glimpse and thought of it. You are a blessing to all. :o) Gorgeous work, my amazing friend!
I was stunned to read Krista's post... it's sad when designers and companies step away. They all become like family, you know? I'm grateful for all of inspiration she's provided over the years. There are a couple stamps I really love that I hope I get on time. She is blessed to have you for a loyal fan and friend. :o) Have a wonderful night, Wends. You make this world a brighter place!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen
Hi Wends...Just love love your card....great to see a girly card for a 9O year old ...Love the sparkle and colour...great make for a much loved lady...Joolsx
coldwaters2 said…
Gorgeous card Wends love that image also the pretty colours a delight to see
hugs
lorraine x
Pat K said…
Fantastic 90th birthday card Wends. Such a great image and love the bling. hugs, Pat K x
Pop's Cards said…
Hi sweetie I love this, the colours are so nice too, hugs Pops x x x
Donna Ellis said…
Hi, Wendy! What a delicate, dainty, FUN card for a 90 year old! I'm sure the celebrant feels inside the way your little birthday girl looks - The stitching and sweet floral border are lovely! hugs, de
Sue said…
Hi Wendy, this is a gorgeous card - I love how you have coloured that suer image and your card design is so pretty. You have added wonderful details and made a really fun card. Thank you for joining us this time at In The Pink.
Sue...xxx
Blue Daisy said…
Love this! The colouring is gorgeous! Thank you for joining our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!

Tracy-DT
Alison said…
I love this card, Wends - the pink is gorgeous and the 90 looks great. It would be good to get to that age and receive such a gorgeous card - or nice to get it at any age...!!!
Alison xx
Catie Cuddles said…
What a pretty card. Love the borders and the sparkly numbers.
Catherine x
NGCARDS said…
A fantastic creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx
Aurelia Aurora said…
Super pretty card.. with super sweet colouring and colour choice.. Thank you for joining our 31st challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. and Good Luck at the draw..

hugs,
~RoRa

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy