Christmas at Sweet Stampin' ~ Add Some 'Christmas' Stamping

Hey there my lovely crafty pals. It's time for a new challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin', where we are crafting for Christmas all year 'round! This month, we've decided to add an optional 'theme' to give a little direction to those who struggle to know where to start sometimes. I do like to have a theme to work with. This month, it's a pretty easy theme for our first one, you simply need to have some stamping on your creation. 


I've used an older stamp from my stash for this creation. If I recall correctly, she's Tess from the CC Designs Sweet November range. I think she has the sweetest face. I really love this image. Sweet and serene and she looks so snuggly in her Winter woolies. I kept the design very simple. In fact, it's the same design as I used for my card back in February. I like to keep the designs quite simple for posting abroad etc when I've crafting for Christmas. Sometimes I'll add a bit of depth and dimension if I know I'm hand delivering the card. But otherwise, CAS is key for me when I'm Christmas crafting. Pop over 'here' to see a previous creation I made with sweet Tess.


I used the same beautiful satin sheen cardstock to diecut this 'Believe' sentiment from as I did back in January for the Santa card. I just love the pretty sheen on this cardstock, you really have to see it in reality to know how beautiful it is! The word die is from Whimsy Stamps. They're sadly out of stock now as they are just fabulous! But if you like it, I'd try some of the resellers who still might have some stock.


I coloured this cutie with my Copic Markers and kept the colours very simple to echo the plaid paper I wanted to use to create the card. I just LOVE this beautiful paper. It's from a Craftwork Cards plaid paper set called Tartans, which I bought quite some time ago from Joanna Sheen. It has a lovely range of papers in my favourite strong colour combinations perfect for Christmas crafting. This page though, might just be my absolute favourite from the set. It's just so lovely the blue and red together. I'm usually a 'green' girl and there are some lovely greens in the tartans too, but isn't this combo just so fabulous?!


Here she is basking in the Winter sunshine! Hehe, I gave her a couple of Tomten to hang out with. Love these lil' guys. Right, that's my Christmas craft for this month. I need to try and make a couple next month, as if I don't increase the number I make each month, it's just not enough come December.


I hope you'll come and join us for some Christmas crafting fun this month too. We'd love to see what you're inspired to create. Head through to the blog via the banner above to check out what my talented teamies got up to with their Christmas crafting this month too. I'm always so inspired by my awesome teamies. Hugs and happy crafting, Wends xoxo






Challenge Entries:
Addicted To Stamps & More: #332 ~ Make Your Mark
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Whatever The Weather (Cold Winter Weather)

Comments

Donna Ellis said…
Such sweetness with the coordinating plaid, Wendy, and the delightful snowflake in the background! Beautiful card! hugs, de
Chris said…
Sweet little image Wends, Your lovely clean design showcases her perfectly.
xx
Sarah said…
Ooh, I love a bit of plaid I do!! Throw in a cute image as well and its perfect!! xx
Fikreta said…
very nice card!
Shona Erlenborn said…
Love this adorable little girl with the plaid and poinsettia background.
Maura said…
Beautifully colored little girl, and that die cut behind her makes the card for me! Thanks for sharing your awesome make with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. hugs, Maura
Oh, how sweet it is! Love that cute iamge and ward plaid. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!
Mandy said…
Gorgeous card Wendy! The image is adorable and so beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy