Sweet Stampin' ~ Earth Day ~ Use Something Recycled

Hey there crafty pals, I've had a crazy week with the kiddos off school for the Autumn Break, Easter fun and 2 family birthdays. A much nicer line up than the previous month with all the funerals, so feeling happy even if busy. But I am late with my Sweet Stampin' post, I apologise. I was so happy I had my cards ready for the main blog and then promptly forgot to actually post to my own blog! Doh!! Annoying, as I actually have two creations to share this week! It's Earth Day this week, so we decided on the theme 'Recycled Elements'.


I made this card for my Swedish bestie who introduced us to the Moomins. We send snail mail quite often, so this was sent with one of my letters. I created the background with floral stamps I had in my stash, then layered up the elements over this. The recycled element is the Moomin tag which was kept from some clothing. I covered the wee hole in the top centre with the speech bubble. That could only have been more appropriate if it read 'Hej', which is Swedish for hello. Close enough on this occasion! Hehe.


This second card was made for my baby brother, who just had his birthday celebration. It's his actual birthday tomorrow, so we celebrated on the weekend, which included a sweet Easter hunt for the kids and the first for his baby girl. She loved it, it was really a lovely celebration. The image on this is Kenny K, I do miss his images, so good I have a huge stash of them and so nice to use this one for this card. The recycled element on this card is the twist ties I added for a bit of a masculine element and finish on the card. I tried gluing them down, but they didn't grab very well, so I ended up stitching them with some black twine. I like how that looks though, so it was a good finish. That fun sentiment is from Rubbernecker Stamps. I love their sentiments, they have some really hilarious ones!


We'd love you to come and join in the fun at Sweet Stampin' this week. Join us, with your 'recycled elements' creations, we can't wait to see what you do! See you again soon with another crafty adventure. I hope you've had a wonder Easter and wish you a beautiful week. Hugs, Wends xoxo


Comments

Dawn T said…
Fabulous recycling Wendy. Love both cards but in particular your brother's one is amazing.
Chris said…
Both cards Fabulous Wends, The Moomin one is cute, bet you're glad you saved that tag! LOVE the card you made for your brother, the design really suits that image, it has a great 50's look to it...the sentiment is great, so funny and what a great idea to use those twist ties as an embellishment!

So pleased you have had a happier time lately :)))
xxx
Sarah said…
Great cards Wends, I remember watching The Moomins on TV. Moomintroll was my favourite. Love the sentiment incorporated in that fabulously colored image on your Brother's card xx
What wonderful cards Wends, and great recycling - I love the twisty ties on the second card :-)
Blessings
Maxine
Fikreta said…
so wonderful cards!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy