Whimsy Stamps ~ Happy Girl

Hey there crafty friends. I had such a full blog with posts yesterday, I decided to delay this post by half a day. It is of course my Whimsy Wednesday post, and since I'm a little out of sync with the US, it kinda still is Whimsy Wednesday for them! We have the sweetest digital release this month. Soooo many gorgeous images. I just love digital. It's such a fab medium to work with. This cutie was whipped up last minute on a whim and I can't tell you how pleased I am with this sweet card. I just love how it all came together! She is called Dotty and is from the Pollycraft Digital Collection at Whimsy Stamps.


I've used some lovely rose gold glitter cardstock to mat this sweet image and to diecut the 'happy' sentiment. With the wee birthday banner, I thought the happy diecut was a perfect fit! You need the right glue when sticky layers to glitter cardstock, I will often use my Olba glue for this, but the Wonder tape actually is strong enough and has enough tack to grab those glittery bits too. I did use my Olba glue to stick the sentiment down though as it's easier to control where you put it with the syringe application. 


These Pollycraft images are super cute. I think they make really fun kids cards. I coloured this sweet image with my Copic Markers to look like my youngest niece. She has just turned one and has the loveliest strawberry blonde hair. I kept the colour palette very limited, but I just love the way this looks. This colour combo has to be one of my favourites in recent makes. I think it's delish! I'll be popping this away for my sweet niece's next birthday. A very CAS design, with just a wee bit of foam for dimension under the main panel. I love the difference a wee bit of dimension can make to a card. It elevates it to a whole new level. Pardon the pun!


We have some truly gorgeous images in this latest digital release at Whimsy Stamps. I love the instant gratification of working with digital. Instant download, no waiting for the postie! Easier for me storage wise too. I also really love being able to make the images bigger or smaller, according to the size of the creation I want to make. I printed this a wee bit bigger, to fill more of the card base. So she's most definitely the feature! 

Check out the latest digital release at Whimsy Stamps via the banner above. It's chock full of fabulous images, some brand new and some new to digital. All absolutely fabulous. I'll be back soon with another crafty adventure. In the meantime, be sure to stop by the Whimsy Stamps Facebook page to check out the fun we're having there. It's a great place to visit for crafty inspiration. Hugs xoxo









Challenge Entries:

Comments

Dawn T said…
She is really gorgeous Wends. Love how you made her the focal point of the card.
Pop's Cards said…
I love her such a happy little lady and coloured perfect, I love the gold words and edging too, hugs Pops x
Oh Wends what a gorgeous image and you have really made her shine here on this gorgeous card.
Blessings
Maxine
Such a pretty card hunnie, love your layout and colouring. Any little girl (or big girl) would love to receive this. <3
Sarah said…
She is adorable, beautifully coloured too. I am so glad to be able to get these little characters again xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy