Hanging with my Gnomies

Hey crafty pals. I'm back today to share a card that I actually created in May for our final May showcase at Whimsy Stamps, but right after finishing it, the glue started to show through the paper! Eeeek, has that ever happened to you?! It's not ever happened to me, certainly not with this glue, it's my go to and I use it for most everything, so I'm not sure what happened there, but it has ruined my lovely card. I've tried to colour the sky deeper, but it's patchy, so needs some further repair work before I can send it to anyone. I may have to pull it apart and fussy cut around the gnomes, jury is out. But, I'll show you what I have so far...


I tried two different backgrounds to see if it would detract from the glue gloops, but nope you can see it clearly in both pics, sigh. But how gorgeous are these gnomies?!! They are an adorable set from Crissy Armstrong released especially for the Digital Collection. I JUST LOVE them! There's a girlie too, who is super cute. 


I sat these three lil' pals together and created a cute little scene, which I utterly adored, until the glue disaster! I'll show you a pic next, which was 'pre-glue', so you can see what I mean! It was before I added the lovely sentiment from a fab Whimsy Stamps set called Everyday Scripted Greetings. You can better seen the sky too, which I'd done a bit of a candyfloss clouds effect on. It's in light colours, as I'm never super confident with those things, but it's lovely in reality and I'm so sad the glue messed it all up!


One thing I really loved about this creation, was the ginger beard! My daddy had a ginger beard all my childhood. So it was so fun colouring up one of the gnomies this way. Gnomes to me are Tomten. Tomte if you're talking about one. This is the Swedish name for these guys and where my love for them originates. I have a sizeable collection of Christmas Tomten from Sweden, a lot sent by my bestie, since we left the UK, because she knows how much I love them!


I made sure I made a note of those Auburn tones when I was colouring and I really do love how this came out! So just in case you're curious, here's the line up, Copic E08, E15, E18 and E19. The other beards I used a mix of cool greys on the middle gnome and warm greys on the final gnome. You'll find these cheeky chappies in our May Digital Release, which you can click through to on the banner below. The gorgeous Woodgrain Papers I've used for this creation are by Crissy Armstrong also. The green woodgrain, I recoloured from another in the set, but this is allowed in the terms and conditions. I thought a 'green' paper would work well for this design.


I've managed to catch up this post whilst waiting for the Tow Truck to come take my car to be repaired, oh bloomin' Murphy I'm gonna clock him the next time he appears! We've had such a run of bad luck! But ever the optimist, I'll smile through it all and keep going. Especially when I know there are folks out there coping with far worse than I am! So if you're having a tough time too, I send you extra big hugs today!! xoxo




Comments

Oh what a fabulous trio Wends - What a pity the glue mis-behaved :( Loving the background you mounted them on too.
I have never had glue show through like that, but I must admit I do spread it with my finger before I stick the layer down.
My car battery died last week, in town, and SIL had to rescue me (and his wife), and then he went with me to buy a new one and also then fitted it. In the meantime he is repairing (part time) my bathroom which had a major leak that I discovered late April. I currently have a totally gutted room, with over half of the floor replaced, and a shower base.... I am so thankful for great neighbours and family living locally that I can go to to 'shower surf'!!
Blessings
Maxine
Chris said…
Wends These gnomes look amazing! Such fabulous colouring, I really love them! What a shame about the glue, wonder why it happened!
xx
Pat said…
Fabulous colouring on these gorgeous gnomes Wends, such a pity about the glue, hope you can rescue them.

Pat xx
Lorraine said…
A gorgeous card Wendy. What a shame the glue misbehaved for you. Your colouring looks fabulous, love the way you've done their beards.
Lorraine x
Dawn T said…
Your colouring is totally amazing!!!! Such a pity about the glue.
Sarah said…
What naughty, naught glue!! I have had that problem with collall glue gel so don't use that any more!! What amazing colouring Wends, I am blown away by those beards (does that sound weird!!??). Hope the car recovers soon xx
Fikreta said…
Its wonderful card!
mixamatoasties said…
Love these guys! Absolutely fabulous. What a shame about your glue, so frustrating for you xx
Linda Dicks said…
Love your coloring. Gnomes are my favorite. You could turn the background into rain, then the glue would fit into the background.
Claudia said…
Cool, simply so cool, really cool, so perfectly cool, those three are amazingly cool, hihihi, wonderful my Dear!

Hugs Claudia

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy