Fab 'n' Funky ~ Mother's Day

How is it Wednesday again already?! I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel like a hamster on a wheel! LOL. The days are whizzing by this week! So it's time for another Fab 'n' Funky challenge and this week we have such a lovely one for you. It's coming up to Mothering Sunday in England, so this week we'd love to see your Mother's Day creations, or cards in celebration of 'Mums'. 


I made this card for my lovely mother-in-law. She's one of those people, who spends her days making others days a little bit easier and more lovely. One of the many wonderful things she does is knit little tiny bootees and hats for the neonates in her local hospital that are too small to fit regular garments. So in celebration of her lovely heart, I added a sweet quote to this card from Mother Teresa ~ "We can do no great things, only small things with great love". I inked it in a very pale blue, which didn't show up well on film, but in reality is a lovely soft subtle feature of this card.


I used the sweetest fairies from a Cicely Mary Barker topper set I've had for simply years that came with a British craft magazine. These are some of my very favourite fairies! Knowing how much I loved these, my mother in law used some gorgeous fabric that had these fairies on it, to create a quilt for her little 'British Granddaughter'. Needless to say, Georgie utterly LOVES her fairy quilt.


Do check out what my talented teamies got up to for this challenge and come and join us for our Just For Fun challenge this week.


Time for me to head to bed, I'm burning the candle at both ends these days. But I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure (actually in a few minutes, as I've a scheduled post) so see you then. Hugs and happy crafting, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Creatalicious: #134 ~ Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge: Y ~ Your Choice
Creative Inspirations: March ~ Any Occasion
I Love Promarkers: #354 ~ For A Girl (I didn't colour an image on this occasion, but I did colour the diecut word 'Mom' with my China Blue Promarker)
As You Like It: Single or Multiple Layers? I'm a fan of multiple layers. I find single layer cards very tricky, I love how others create them, but I'm more comfortable with layers of pretty paper.

Comments

Chris said…
Fabulous card for your lovely MIL, I'm sure she'll be delighted!
Hugs
Chris
x
Fikreta said…
wonderful card!
hugs
Dawn T said…
Great card Wendy.
What a gorgeous card Wends, and so full of meaning for your delightful Mother in Law.
Blessings
Maxine
Sarah said…
This is wonderful!! That's why handcrafted cards are so special, we are able to say just what we mean and make the perfect card for our loved ones. Your Mother in law sounds like a very lovely lady xx
Such a sweet card and a wonderful sentiment.
Your MIL sounds like a special lady. I'm sure she'll love this.
xxx
Pat said…
Beautiful card Wends, I love that little fairy image and such a fabulous quote.

Pat xx
Brenda said…
Love this sweet layered card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at As You Like It Challenge this fortnight!
Tracy Freeman said…
Such a sweet card, those little fairies are so precious.
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day x
A lovely mother's day card Wending. Thanks for entering this month#s challenge at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT
Gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.
Crafty hugs
Lesley
Lady Joyful said…
Very sweet card. Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy