Sweet Stampin' ~ Inspired By A Song

Hey there lovelies. It's time again for a new challenge over on the Sweet Stampin' Challenge blog. We are having a fun theme this week, which is to see what music inspires your stamping?! So let us know what you've been listening to and how it inspired your creativity. I've chosen the song 'Photograph' by Ed Sheeran. I'll be seeing him in concert very soon and so I've had him playing on repeat in my playlist for while now. Yep, I like his music, lots. 


I have this awesome set of stamps through a company called 'Close To My Heart' that I picked up at a local craft fair. I knew the minute I found this stamp set that it was destined to become a card for my sis Jani, who is a professional photographer. So I created this as a birthday card for her. I wanted that 'random shapes and colours' approach with a central slightly darker more focused image. (See what I did there? Focused, hehe, okay, that was corny!)


How cute is this little camera charm too?! I have had that in my stash a while wanting to make a card for my uber talented sis with it. She loves hessian and neutral colours, so I thought this was a fun and funky card design for her.


This card is very CAS in design, but did take quite a lot of work with all the different shades of stamping. But it was oh so fun to do! I used Memento ink in different shades of brown for this card. I used Desert Sand, Peanut Brittle and Rich Cocoa to create this card.


I hope you like what I got up to and was inspired to do whilst listening to Ed Sheeran's 'Photograph'. Share your crafty makes with us that have been inspired by song, I'd love to see what you're inspired to do. Check out what my awesomely talented teamies have been up to as well, they have some really cool takes on the theme! I'll be back with another crafty adventure very soon, but in the meantime, I'm counting down the days to the birth of another sweet babe in our extended family. So if I'm not around commenting much, forgive me, but I'm a little preoccupied right now! Hugs to you all and happy crafting, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Creatalicious: #134 ~ Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge: Y ~ Your Choice

Comments

Chris said…
Fabulous stamps and stamping Wends, love the colours and the little charm, a perfect card for your sister!
Hope all goes well with the baby!
hugs
Chris
x
Wishcraft said…
Fab stamps and design Wends, love that little charm :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Fikreta said…
so great card!
Dawn T said…
fabulous Wendy. It is really awesome.
What a great card, so well thought out and made, and so specific for your sister. Love it - the wee camera charm on the rough, hessian string is the perfect accent!
Blessings
Maxine
creationsnz said…
I bet she loved it too. Great idea using the colour shading to make the pattern but still having the focal point. Must remember that one. CarolG
Basslady said…
love the cool look of it!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,

silvi xoxo
Janis Lewis said…
Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
MagsB said…
Just fabulous, Wends, I love the tones of sepia and brown - so vintage!

love Mags B x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy