Whimsy Wednesday ~ I Do

Hey there lovely blogging pals. I am with you today for my Whimsy Wednesday post. Sharing a fabulous CAS creation using some wonderful Whimsy Stamps goodies. This is actually the wedding card I created for my darling cousins wedding that I attended this weekend just gone. The celebration was held up North at our Grandpa's beach front farm land. This land is very special to all our extended family, it was left by Grandpa to all the families to care for, for the next generations to enjoy. So it's a very special spot when we can all gather there together. I travelled with my beautiful Mummy and we've had a really lovely weekend.


I wanted the card to be elegant and simple and when I was looking through my stash, this Whimsy Stamps Cherry Blossom Panel Die jumped out at me as a possible option. I happened to have some really pretty pearl finish gatefold card bases in my stash, so the idea grew from that. 


I diecut the two panels in the two sides of the gatefold card, backed them with some pretty watercolour like card I had in my stash, layered the little ditsy flower sequins over all the flower elements of the die, then added a vellum strip with the white embossed Husband and Wife stamp from the Whimsy Stamps Wedding Day clear stamp set. This was recently on offer in our specials section, so its all sold out sadly! Whimsy has the best specials!


The last thing I needed to do was work out a way to keep the two halves of the card together and I was reminded of the lacing that was on the back of my wedding dress when I got married and tried to work out how I could achieve this look on the card. I decided a little criss cross of gold thread from above and below the central join should work and I think it worked a treat! I'm chuffed to bits with this. (Even better, on the day of the wedding, I realised my lovely cousins dress was also laced up the back like mine! So this was a perfect choice!)



Well that's my Whimsy Stamps inspiration for you today. An elegant wedding card with dies and simple embossed stamping. I'll be back next week with another Whimsy Wednesday, but in the meantime, head on over and check out the new release gorgeousness that's currently in store. There are two releases to check out, the Rubber and Clear Stamps, Dies and Stencils and the Digital Collection. The paper I've used behind the panels is an older retired Whimsy Stamps Digital paper, but you can find some gorgeous new designs here. Thanks for popping in to see me today. Have an awesome week and happy crafting xoxo


      

Challenge Entries:
Lemon Shortbread: #63 ~ Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations: March ~ Any Occasion
Allsorts Challenge: #459 ~ Bring On The Bling
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Floral Frenzy
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #78 ~ Anything Goes
Sparkles Monthly Challenge: #102 ~ Spring Is In The Air

Comments

Sarah said…
This is such a beautiful card and what luck that your cousins gown was laced too!! The vellum looks fabulous xx
Janis Lewis said…
Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Gina's Cards said…
This card is full of elegance and sparkle. I bet the happy couple will treasure it. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations. Good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx
Kathleen said…
Super die and a great design and the gold thread fasteners look fabulous.
Thank you for joining our 'Bring on the Bling' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath
What a stunning card Wends - love the die cuts and the way you laced the fold together!
Blessings
Maxine
Mervi said…
Lovely design, beautiful card!
Thank you for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck;-))m
create.365 said…
What a beautifully elegant card -bet they loved it! Thanks for joining us @ Lemon Shortbread.
Lorraine A said…
Gorgeous card Wendy :-) I am sure your cousin and her hubby love this, such a special keepsake :-) The lacing detail looks fabulous and how fitting that the brides dress was laced too!! The whole design of this is stunning! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy