Whimsy New Digital Release ~ Day 2 ~ Easter Basket

Ooh we are into the full swing of the New Releases at Whimsy Stamps, both the digital team and Rubber Stamps team have been hard at work creating their inspiration pieces. I for one, will be spending all my pocket money there this week! LOL. We have some super cute images in our Digital Designs and the team have been working their magic. Here is my contribution with this sweet Easter Basket. I just LOVE the paper I used for this. It's part of our latest digital paper release and you can find it here in the store. So gorgeous I think! 


If you missed my post yesterday, scroll back to find my St Patrick's Day creation. That comes first of course! But following soon after is Easter and what Easter is complete without a lil' basket for the eggs?! My sweet wee niece is visiting from San Diego at the moment, so I created this sweet basket for her, so we could do an early Easter Egg Hunt with her before she goes home to the US. 


The basket design is really fun and incredibly easy to make! I cut down a 12x12 page, to 9x9, then scored it at 3 and 6 inches, rotated the page and scored again at 3 and 6 inches. Then on one side, scored the outer two corners at 1 and 2 inches. I cut down to the first score mark along the 1 and 2 inch scores and also along the next score line, so that there were three 1 inch flaps. I then did the same on the opposite corner, which left a middle panel square. I marked the centre of that middle panel and then cut from the base corner to that centre mark on each side, this creates the triangular centre. 


Turn the page so the 1 inch panels are now at the bottom (180 degrees) and then repeat the process so you have three 1 inch panels along each corner and a central panel that is square. Mark the centre of the middle panel and cut up from each bottom corner of that central panel to that centre point you've previously marked to create the triangle. I used a brad to hold the panels together and added this after I had created the basket handle from the off-cut of the 12x12 paper. I used an edge die to create that pretty scallop finish and then added a strip of the patterned paper over this to finish it. Super duper easy little basket to make, I hope you'll give it a try! I didn't decorate the back with the patterned paper, but you easily could if you wanted to. I did trim some of the tops of the flaps, so that they fit nicely and didn't show the overlap once they were pulled into place. A couple of them crossed over and made the area by the brad a bit 'messy', so a bit of a trim at this stage, sorted that all out. I hope you'll give this a go. Enjoy!


Click the Whimsy Logo to be taken straight to the store and our latest digital release. There's some absolutely gorgeous paper and the cutest new images. I just love this lil' penguin dressed up as the Easter Bunny and I think my wee niece will too! I'll be back again next week with my usual Whimsy Wednesday post, so stop back in then. Wishing you a wonderful week and loads of crafting fun. Hugs xoxo


Challenge Entries:
Creative With Stamps: #24 ~ Bunny
Alphabet Challenge: Y ~ Your Choice
Lemon Shortbread: #62 ~ Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday: #519 ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #9 ~ Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge: #175 ~ Cute & Cuddly
Crafting From The Heart: #196 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenge: #361 ~ Anything Goes
City Crafter Challenge: #401 ~ Die Cuts (The edges of the handle strip was diecut)

Comments

Oh this is adorable, a penguin for Easter, how cute, a fab make and that paper is beautiful
Fikreta said…
love this!
its super cute!
hugs
Pat said…
What a delightful Easter basket, I am sure your niece will love it Wends.

Pat xx
Sarah said…
Oh yes, that paper is wonderful!! In fact this whole project is wonderful, such a cute penguin and the basket will be perfect for an egg hunt xx
Dawn T said…
it certainly is the cutest basket Wendy and your little penguin is super adorable.
Lorraine A said…
Gorgeous basket Wendy!! the little penguin is super cute and I love the papers and details, absolutely adorable! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x
Marina said…
Great basket and love the penguin twist. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.
Tracy said…
Precious. That digi paper really is sweet with the little flowers and your adorable penguin/bunny is a fun twist for an Easter character. Hope your enjoying your visit with family. :-)
Bev said…
Absolutely LOVE this cuteness overload. Such a fabulous little project lovely ❤️️
Sarah said…
What an adorable and sweet creation! Love the basket, and your cutie-pie penguin is just beautiful <3
Lucy Patrick said…
Oh this is so adorable Wends! I love it, that penguin dressed up as a bunny is just the cutest ever and I adore the basket, great choice of colours too! XOX Lucy
Elizabeth Hart said…
I adore this charming basket - so cute with the bunny image. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)
Lilian said…
Very cute! Nice gift idea!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio
Wendy, what a lovely and fun Easter basket you have created. That little character is so cute and who wouldn't want what is inside the basket? Your Easter basket fits perfectly the Lemon Shortbread Monthly Challenge this fortnight. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Lemon Shortbread Design Team Member).

Wow what a truly amazing creation! Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative with Stamps and we hope to see more of your wonderful creations again! Hugs, Gwendolyn
Wow what a great basket! Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative with Stampse and we hope to see more of your wonderful creations soon! Hugs, Gwendolyn

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy