Whimsy Wednesday ~ Hopeful

Hey there lovely crafty pals. I'm sneaking a couple of hours of crafting in today after being away from the house for days. Lots of TLC needed for a poorly family member, so my crafting is falling way behind. But happily, I've had a creation waiting in my vault for just such a time to share. 


This exquisite image is called 'Hopeful' and is by Whimsy Stamps artist Sylvia Zet. I LOVE her images. Their wistful enchanting faces and dreamy innocence. There is a beauty captured in her art, few have the talent to portray. I'm a little bit in love with every single image of hers I've ever coloured. I used a couple of retired Whimsy Stamps dies on this creation too. My favourite die, the Country Heart Die and the Corner Die Set. I have so many 'timeless' dies from Whimsy Stamps, they just don't seem to date! I still use these two in particular, lots.


The lovely girl I made this card for, was our darling Au Pair in England and she has fire-red hair, so I coloured up this image to look a little like her. She was so delighted with the result! Sadly, I forgot to take photos of the card before I gave it to her, so the images were a snapshot she took for me. Not great lighting, but I think still conveys the beauty of this gorgeous Sylvia Zet image. This card was made for her Grandma, so the message is written in Slovak. It means "With much love for the most beautiful Grandmother". 


There are so many beautiful images in the Whimsy Stamps store, not only from the lovely Sylvia Zet, but from a wide range of talented artists all with some really special to bring to the table. If you've not taken a visit recently, head over and check out the latest release. You can click on the link above for the main releases or click here for the digital releases. There's something for everyone and I'll be back again soon with a creation from another fabulous Whimsy Stamps artist. So pop back again soon to check that out. Have a brilliant week and I'll be back again over Easter with our April Whimsy Stamps Digital Release. Hugs to you all xoxo


  

Challenge Entries
Crafty Gals Challenge: #162 ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #12 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart: #200 ~ Anything Goes
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #78 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges: #363 ~ Anything Goes

Comments

Bev said…
Ah someone's grandma is going to be delighted with this sweet card!!xo
Chris said…
Sweet card Wends, such a pretty image and you've coloured her beautifully. I, too have a soft spot for these lovely Sylvia Zet images.
Take care of your family...and yourself!
hugs
Chris
x
Jo Nevill said…
Gorgeous card, love the image you used. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x
Lucy Patrick said…
Your card is gorgeous Wends! I too love Sylvia Zet's images and I love how you've given her beautiful red hair to match the girl you were creating it for. I love how the lantern is aglow too. I hope you and your family have a lovely Easter. XOX Lucy
I love these images too and the colours are so pretty, lovely dies too
What a beautiful card Wends - She looks so wistful and as you say, innocent, and you have coloured her beautifully.
Glad I am not the only one to forget to take photos of a card before sending it!!
Blessings
Maxine
Dawn T said…
Gorgeous Wendy. Such a sweet card
Mrs.B said…
A lovely card and the image is so sweet and beautifully coloured.
Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping.
Avril
Elizabeth Hart said…
Ahh - such a delightful image on your pretty card. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)
Sarah said…
That's the beauty of handcrafted cards...any requests for hair or skin colour can be accommodated, and I love the red hair here...A gorgeous card xx
Rae Ann said…
This is such a sweet image. Love the dies you chose. I am sure she loved it.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge
Ink Art Designs said…
Hi Wendy. She has such an innocent look on her face and you have coloured her superbly.
Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy